Monday, February 11, 2008

In Love With...La Féerie


La Féerie is a French word meaning 'enchantment' and that was my first thought when I entered this little spa. It is located just across from Thonglor 23 - many people have missed the place because it is just a little house located between My Place restaurant and Ducati motorcycle shop. (Speaking of which, can somebody move this irritating shop...like to other province? Seriously, what kind of person would buy a 2 million Baht motorcycle)

Anyway, La Féerie is a small, cozy spa, specializes in manicure and pedicure. Massage is currently available only on Wednesdays - until they find a permanent masseuse.


What I like about this place is not only the services, but also the atmosphere - it's very homelike - since the place is small, it has that intimate quality that big spa lacks. People often complain about the high price, but if you consider where it's situated and the quality of the products, you have nothing to complain about. (IMHO, taken in the atmosphere and services, it's worth dishing out the cash).


But, what I like most about this place is that 90% of the time, I get to spend time with two of my favorite people in the world - and there are not that many. They are that type of people that once you left their company, you feel like you are the most special person in the world. All in all, La Féerie is not just a place that I go when I want to relax, it's a place that I go when I feel tired, when I need life/career advice and whenever I feel down.

No comments: