Monday, October 13, 2008

Seeking Courage and Thunder Road

I often wonder what it would be like to be able to say things that are on my mind without having to care about other people's feelings. I am often in awe of those people who are able to articulate their thoughts in a well spoken words.

I, however, have come to a conclusion that I lack these qualities: I can't put my thoughts into comprehensible sentences nor am I able to speak my mind freely. As a result, I've ended up agonizing over my incompetence, replaying the same scenes in my mind over and over again.

Once again today I had an opportunity to point out problems, but, instead of blurting them out, I chose the roundabout route, which, in the end came out to nothing. Not only that, but as a result of my indecision, I didn't help anybody.

You can hide 'neath your covers/And study your pain/
Make crosses from your lovers/Throw roses in the rain/Waste your summer praying in vain/For a savior to rise from these streets -- Thunder Road

No comments: